Monday, October 7, 2024

Units Were All In, Except for Ace.

 

Game # 23- August 21 th, 2024


Hurtin' Units vs. Gamblers.


Hurtin' Units lose 13-6


Team Record-5-17-1


Coventry Park– In the last game post, I mentioned that it was the first time the Units had a full team all season and this game we were all in except for Brandon, whose nickname is Ace.


This is the first and only time we play the Gamblers in the regular season and it came down to the second to last game. It was a fun game close throughout and in the end the time rule screwed us over again. We did not get to play an open inning. In my opinion, an open inning should always be played, it's the only inning that teams have to make a dramatic comeback.


This is the strangest season I have ever seen for a team that can't score runs. Over our 23 games, we have averaged 10.60 runs per game, and given up 14.26 runs per game. An average of 10.6 runs a game in slo-pitch is unheard of, we're scoring, per game, what other teams are scoring per inning. I looked at the results for a couple of games from last night, Inglourious vs. Meatballs 25-24 or the Rusty Rebels vs. Gruesome Devils 22-13 and we scored 6 on the night! I look up and down our lineup and see good hitters, why are we not scoring more? I have tweaked the lineup and still no results. You all know what I'm blaming our inept batting on, it's Resmondo and his bad influence on our other bats.


When Resmondo went missing back on June 11th, the Hurtin' Units record was 3-3-0 and since that time this little bitch of a bat has made us the lowest-hitting team in the league. I've tried to trade him, I have smudged him, I put him on waivers, but no team wants anything to this tumultuous little batstard. I joked last night about taking Resmondo to a psychic or having an exorcism to remove the demon from him. That might be a little extreme, maybe I'll try smudging it again.


Game Time:


The weather for this game was cool, probably in the high teens, there was a soft breeze, and at game time the sun was setting on Coventry 2, it created a little bit of a problem, but it didn't last long. I mentioned that the Units had 11 guys, we were the visitors, the scorekeeper was Lisa and I'm not sure of the Umpire's name, 8:06 start time. There was a beautiful full moon lighting up the sky after dark.



I'm not going to go into details about this game, I'm sure the Gamblers have posted something on their group, probably a better description of the events than I can provide today. You can always go to the website and see the details. I enjoyed this game with the Gamblers, kinda wish we had played against each other more this season. Maybe we'll meet up in the playoffs.

I will include the game sheets.



The Hurtin' Units' final game of the season is Monday Night at Keogh vs. The Tottenham Twisters of New Tecumseth. 

No comments: