Thursday, October 3, 2024

Come on Baby, let's do the Twist.

You spin me right 'round, baby

Right 'round, like a record, baby

Right 'round, 'round, 'round                                         

You spin me right 'round, baby

Right 'round, like a record, baby, Right 'round, 'round, 'round.


Game # 8 - June 19th, 2024

Hurtin' Units vs. The Tottenham Twisters of New Tecumseth.

Hurtin' Units lose 13-11

Team Record – 3-5-0

Coventry Park – For this game we find ourselves back on C2, again, and I'm really, really starting to dislike this diamond. I don't know what it is, but the Units never play well on C2. This week we had 2 games, both on C2 and both were losses. On Tuesday we played the Beer Bros and fell short of winning or tying the game. Last night, against the Tottenham Twisters, was the same story. In the Twister's game, we got down early but battled back to take a lead in the late innings. Defensively, we had a tough and rough night, we booted, kicked and dropped the ball all around the field.


Game Time:

The weather this week has been hot, on Tuesday night the ball was not flying at all, there were ground balls and pop-ups in both games on C2. For this Twister game, it was still stinky hot and in the distance, there was a thunderstorm brewing. The temperature was in the 30s and at times, strong winds came up and was moving the ball around the plate. There were Twisters on the third base side of the diamond.

At game time, the Units had 8 of the regular team players, we were missing Kevin, Brandon, Steve and Cookie. Deb R. was the scorekeeper and Sweet Lou was the umpire for this 8:00 pm game at Coventry Park. We played seven innings. The Units were the visitors again. We picked up Brian R. and Gordy T.  as subs, thanks go out to Brian and Gordy. The Twisters were sub-less.

I have to admit, at the moment I'm doing this, I really don't know what the final score was in our game. I will obviously look it up, and I know we lost, but I'm really not sure of the final outcome. I didn't get a picture of the score sheet because I was subbing for the Tap Masters on C1 and I rushed down there after we finished.

Okay, so I looked at the stats and found that we lost this game by a score of 13-11. Another close game and another game that we were on the losing side. The Units have had a rough couple of weeks and we have played some tough teams. Last week we played the Rebels and lost 14-12, we also played the Tap Masters and came away with a 15-14 win. This week we played the Beer Bros and lost 18-13 with chances to come back in the game, and last night we played the best-looking team in the league (probably the yellow tights and home team hats), the Tottenham Twisters of New Tecumseth and lost by a score of 13-11. Yep, definitely a tough couple of weeks.

I think I will spare everyone the details of this game, I don't have a copy of the scoresheet and I know I could go to the boxscore, but it's been a long, hot week I could use a little break. I will tell you this about this game, it was probably my most fun game this season. Tuesday was fun with Roman and the Beer Bros., but this one was fun with the guys on the Twisters. Chilly and I had a fun battle all night long, Matty and Geoff have no clue as to who was the home team... It turns out I was wrong. Sweet Lou was the umpire and made it fun. Roger proved he is not a Ninja when he missed a catch (the night before he caught a foul ball with his bare hand) and all and all this was a game that kept spinning back and forth until the final out. It was a fun game, would have been a little more fun with a win...just sayin'.

One more thing, I wore a camera for this game. Last season I borrowed a Go-Pro from the library and the footage was quite good. I was on Temu recently and they had a similar camera so I purchased it, I wore it last night and checked the footage this morning, it was not good, not because we lost the game, the camera bounced around too much and the results were not good. I can't even post the video on the page...it's that bad. I borrowed a Go-Pro again on Tuesday but didn't use it, I will try it next Tuesday night, June 25th when the Units play against the BREWBIRDS.


No comments: