Monday, October 30, 2023

IT AIN'T PRETTY.


Game # 6 – June 7th, 2023

Hurtin' Units vs. The Sons of Pitches.

Hurtin' Units lose 18-12

Team Record – 2-4-0

The weather for this game was comfortable, temperature in the mid-20s, strong breeze and there was a haze in the sky, supposedly caused by the fires in the north. I didn't really notice anything, but the news has been talking about it for days, so it must be happening.

At game time the Units were down 3 players, missing were Tom, Nick and Harry, just kidding we don't have a Harry, but we were also missing Wayne. Missing our 1, 3, and 5 for this game, we picked up Brian R. as a sub on the night. I'm looking forward to having a full squad again somewhere down the road.

It ain't pretty

After the show

It ain't pretty when the pretty leaves you,

with no place to go” - INXS

After the game, I had this song (Pretty Vegas) in my head, it just kept rattling around in there and it just seemed fitting with the game that we had just played. It wasn't the prettiest game we've played this season, but I have to give the Sons of Pitches some credit for keeping us at bay.

The Units were again a little out of sorts tonight, we had a difficult time at the plate and the defence fought every inning to stay in the game. The Units would get close, but then the Sons of Pitches would pull ahead again and this seemed to happen almost the entire game. This game was the most runs we had given up since opening night, game # 1 vs. The Draft Kings when we gave up 24 runs. Our defence really had a tough night.

I might want to blame myself for this loss, I haven't worn my 2023 shirt for the last 2 games, last week I wore the 2022 jersey and tonight I forgot to throw the shirt in the dryer and it was still wet at game time, so I wore a red t-shirt. Tomorrow I'm back to the the 2023 jersey, hoping to turn this thing around.

The Sons of Pitches would hold on for their first win of the season. We didn't have a great game, but I hope the Sons are feeling some relief and joy for getting their first win.

The Hurtin' Units are back on the field on
Thursday, June 8
th, vs. The Master Batters.

No comments: