Monday, October 30, 2023

And So It Ends.

 

Most of the Hurtin' Units followers probably won't care about what I'm going to say today. Since May 30th, when the Units played the Tap Masters and lost 14-13, I (Jimmer) have been on a 19-game winless streak. I have played (and lost) 13 games with the Units in the regular season, 3 games in the HTKP tournament (and lost) and I have subbed for the Dogcatchers, Draft Kings and the Beer Bros all suffering losses when I was in their lineups.

To go winless in 19 games is crazy, it doesn't just play on your mind in baseball, it seems to creep into other areas too. I don't even want to buy a lottery ticket or play cornhole because I think I can't win. I'm joking a little bit here, but I think most people agree that not having at least 1 win over that stretch is a little bit strange. Roman jokingly said to me that I sold my soul to the devil, in return for a Hurtin' Units championship last season. I can honestly say that did not happen, but it is kind of funny that I don't mind the heat, I recently found horns growing on my head and I now have a pointed tail.

So, why do this post? I am happy to announce that Wednesday evening, in the rain, with the Shades of Gray Baseball Club, I pitched and came away with my first win since May 30th. The final score was 24-3 for the Shades. Some may say there should be an asterisk beside the win because it was the 55+ league, but I say a win is a win, is a win. And So It Ends... A heavy weight has been lifted, the monkey is off my back and the losing streak is officially over. Let a new streak begin... hopefully it will win.


No comments: