Monday, October 30, 2023

FINDING NEMO OR WHERE'S NIVO?

 

Game # 7 – June 8th, 2023
Hurtin' Units vs. The Master Batters
Hurtin' Units tie- 10-10
Team Record – 2-4-1
The weather for this game was comfortable, not too hot, not too cold, there was a soft breeze, a few sprinkles of rain and there was still a smokey haze in the sky. I noticed the smokey smell earlier in the day, more so during this game than last night's.
At game time, the Units were down 3 players, missing were Tom, Nick and Corey. At least that's what I was led to believe, at 7:00 pm we were still missing Nivo (Jamie), I texted and phoned, no response. Where's NIVO? He was napping and showed up in the 2nd inning. For this game, we picked up Nimmo Khan as a sub on the night. Next week we could get back to a full team, using our own players. Don't get me wrong, I love having subs play for us, but I would much rather have our own guys. It feels like we have been short guys most of the season, probably not true, but it seems that way. Last season we barely had any subs at all.
I was in my 2023 jersey tonight, hoping it would get us out of a Grand Funk
.
Ain't no sunshine when there's smog”, I know, I know, I know, I know, anytime it can go away”, my little twist on "There Ain't No Sunshine" and all the smokey skies. For the second post in a row, I've used the word ain't, I ain't gonna do that anymore. I was always told ain't, isn't a word.
For this game I thought I would change the batting order a little, just to shake it up baby now, "Twist and Shout". I have a lot of little songs stirring around in my head, I put the song titles in quotations. Fun stuff!! I didn't change the lineup dramatically, but I did tweak it a little just to get the team "On the Road Again". We actually were the home team in this game.

"We Get By With A Little Help From My Friends". We had a tough night at bat (only 10 runs in 6 innings), but our defence really helped us in this game. We had 2 innings where we gave up 4 runs in each, other than those innings, we were tight.
The Units were again a little out of sorts tonight, we had a difficult time at the plate, Kevin M. kept us off balance with his fancy, schmancy pitching the entire game and we could only manage 10 runs. On Wednesday, the Sons of Pitches got their first win against us, this game the Master Batters got their first point of the season against us. What can I say, we like to "Give A Little Bit" back.
The Hurtin' Units are back on the field on Wednesday, June 14th vs. The big, bad, scary, ball-bashin', run-scorin' Beer Bros.

No comments: