Thursday, June 27, 2013

MAKEUP CAN'T HELP THIS KIND OF UGLY...

Hurtin' Units vs. Rusty Rebels.



It's not Jennie Finch... it's a makeup game.
Game # 10 - May 28, 2013 (makeup game)

Hurtin' Units lose 25 - 4

Team Record - 4-6-0

Keogh Park- I know what you're thinking; I over did it with Jennie Finch pictures in the Best we Forget blog, there was just way to much of her, but at least she was a baseball player and she didn't need to wear makeup. How would you like to see several more pictures of this lovely actress?

So this game is the makeup game for the night of May 28th and I now wish we had played this game in the rain back then. We really couldn't have done much worse.


When the season started I really thought we had the team to beat; both defensively and offensively I thought we were going to play each team tough. Over our first 7 games we were in every game, sure there were losses, but our competitive levels were there every night. Over the last 3 games I feel like something has changed or maybe I'm just being a bit of an ass when it  comes to winning or competing.


Maybe I'm just being a little bit hard on us. Maybe I should give some credit to the Rusty Rebels for a solid game defensively (5 shut out innings against a team that scored 28 runs the night before) and offensively hitting the ball all around the Keogh diamond, scoring 25 runs against us over 7 innings.  

This was my third game in three nights and I was actually looking forward to ending the week with a competitive game and hopefully a victory.

Over the 3 games I was 1-1-1, a win, a loss and a tie (with the Beer Bros.), .500 for the week is really not that bad. With these results, then why do I feel unsettled about the Units games this week? Maybe I'm just being too hard on our team again. I think the HTKP tournament will be a good test of what this team is really about.

When I do this bloggie thing, I don't do it to criticize or whine about the way we are playing, I mostly do it to document the Units team history. I really hope that players, who played for the Units, will go back, in the future, and remember the games and the good times we had. 

This game was not one of our better moments; Mike O. hurt his leg running to first base and couldn't continue playing.

We had 2 subs in this game, Tito was a call up and when Mike got hurt, Dave Fleming came in to help out. Missing from this game were Vince and Brian.
  

This was an ugly game for the Units, we've had them before and we'll probably have them again. This game was not fun, it was frustrating for me and it probably was for others as well. We will continue to try and get better and make some changes if we need better results. I look forward to getting back on the field and putting this ugly game behind us. Makeup did nothing to make this game look better. 

The Units next game is Monday June 24 vs. the Beer Bros.  

No comments: