Monday, August 8, 2016

REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED AFTER 9:30.

HURTIN' UNITS VS. THE SONS OF PITCHES.

"It ain't pretty, after the show,
it ain't pretty when the pretty leaves you
with no place to go" - INXS.


Game # 20 - August 8th, 2016

Hurtin' Units 40-12

Team Record -12-8-0

Keogh Park- This game was so bad that I don't even want to talk about it, but I'm going to anyway. We have had bad game before (I've never seen a perfect season) and we'll have bad games again. 

Coming in to this game again the SOPs, our two teams were only a point a part. The Hurtin' Units had a single point lead on the Sons and a game in hand. The Units had the second best runs against with 231 and a plus/minus of 84. Over the previous 4 games the Units had a 4 game winning streak going and had only given up 38 runs in total over the those games. So what the heck happened????

I think it might have been bad Carma (I know the spelling of Karma, but in this case I will spell it Carma). On Monday evening, I had all my baseball stuff (yes, even the wagon) in my car, I was supposed to pick up a parcel with my van, so I just switched the stuff to my car as a temporary storage spot. I drove my van to work, but did not pick up my parcel. When I got home I went down for a nap and when I got up for our game, I decided to just take the car instead. I always bring the van; it was bad Carma to bring the car. I jinxed us with the car. 

The second bad Karma thing might have been that Jimmy R. wore his team shirt inside out to the game. I saw Jimmy walked to the park and said to myself " what's this shirt Jim is wearing, just a green shirt?" I realized that his name was spelled backwards and he had no logo on the front. Welcome to Bizzaro World.  

This game vs. the Sons of Pitches was the second meeting (actually the third meeting) of the season. In the first meeting, on May 17th, 2016, the Sons would defeat the Units by a score of 17-15 in a close well played game. In the HTKP tournament the Sons of Pitches and the Hurtin' Units would meet in the finals. The Units would defeat the Sons by a score of 27-9. If ever there was a reason to get revenge on the soft spoken, gentle, good natured, fun loving Hurtin' Units, this might be the reason. In the second regular season game, the Sons took the Units out behind the woodshed and laid a beatin' on them, a defeat the Units will not soon forget. 40-12 is a revenge best served after 9:30 pm. 

Game Time:

The weather for this game was hot. The temperature during the day was around 30 degrees and at game time it had come down, but it was still hot and humid. The sky was dark and there was a slight breeze. This was a scheduled 9:30 pm game. 

Roman was the umpire of record for this game. Welcome back buddy. 

At game time we had 9 Units players dressed in Hurtin' Units shirts and hats. Jimmy had changed his shirt from inside out to out...that's better. We picked up Cliff Tucker as a sub for the night. 

This game had so many runs that I don't even want to get in to any play by play at all. I will post the game sheets and whoever wants to figure this thing out is welcome to it. 



















































Inside the Lines:

  • Pete made his 2016 pitching debut after I had given up 20 runs in 3 innings. 
  • I played left field and had a few misses, first time I've been in the field in years. 
  • Jimmy R. wore his shirt inside out to the game.
  • I drove my car to the game, always bring my van ( bad Carma doing this). 
  • "The Amazing Mr. Hicks". Todd played for the Hurtin' Units last season and was one of the best players on our team. In this game against the Units, he went 5 for 6 and hit a homerun out of the park to left field. Great teamate, great player.
  • We allowed only 38 runs in our previous 4 games, less than a 10 run average, in this game we gave up 40 runs...Holy shit snacks!
  • This was the Units worst loss of the season. 
  • Dave and Paul (Sons of Pitches) would score 6 RUNS each.
  • Pete and Jon both went 5 for 5 in this game. 
  • This game was the highest number of runs, by a team, this season. 


Hurtin' Units next game is Tuesday August 9th, 2016. 

No comments: