Thursday, June 9, 2011

GRISSLIES TEAR APART THE HURTIN' UNITS...

HURTIN' UNITS vs. THE GRISSLIES...


Game # 8 - June 8, 2011

Hurtin' Units lose 19-3

Team Record 5-3-0

Keogh Park- The first game of the evening was canceled due to lightening in the area, but by the time our game was set to start, the weather had cleared up considerably. This was the warmest June 8 (33 degrees) since 1950, but by game time it had cooled off and the evening was actually quite pleasant...It felt warmer to me on Monday than on this night...

This has been a bitter sweet week for me, with regards to baseball. On Monday evening we beat the Rebels in the bottom of the seventh inning, on Tuesday I subbed for the Dogcatchers and we beat the Lucky Stiffs ( one of the undefeated teams in the league) and then this game which we were man handled and it turned out to be very disappointing...

The funny thing is that I really do love to play ( win or lose) and even though I play hockey late on Thursday evening, I was actually considering playing ball again, if I was called to sub on Thursday. I've decided to not play ball or hockey on Thursday evening, I feel a little beaten up this week (sore back, sore knee, aching shoulder and I'm really tired), probably best to relax for an evening...

Bill J. made me laugh last night at the end of this game. Bill thinks it's his new shoes (cleats) that are responsible for our recent playing woes. He started wearing the new shoes 4 games ago, we lost the first two games, we were losing when he left the game on Monday night and we lost this game. Bill says he's not going to wear the shoes anymore... I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is superstitious...LOL.

This game against the Grisslies was like that strange, distant, long lost relative that you don't talk about, so let's not talk about it...Let's just move on. The Grisslies were the better team on this night winning 19-3.

Boxscore:            1    2    3    4     5     6     7          Total

Hurtin' Units       0    0    0    0     2     0     1             3     

Grisslies              3    0    6     2     1     5    2            19               


Our next game is Wednesday June 15, 2011 at Keogh Park vs. The Dusty Cleats at 9:30pm.  The Cleats are undefeated this season, we can redeem ourselves with a win against the Cleats...See ya there... 

No comments: