Sunday, May 9, 2010

HOLY BAT DAY, Batman...


Banananananananananana

BAT DAY... BAT DAY... BAT DAY...


Saturday May 8, 2010 - Today was bat day. WAM!! Bat day is the day the captains meet at a predetermined location, usually the house of the equipment executive member and exchange worn or damaged bats, even good bats for that matter, and receive new ones and/or in some cases, weed through the returned bats for something better than what they have.


This season each team received two new bats and in the exchange I traded in that awful YELLOW bat and that heavy blue bat...POW!! Just kiddin' about the yellow bat, I know how guys like it and it still remains in our bat bag. I had actually pulled the two bats that I was exchanging before our game on Tuesday May 8, so if there was a bat you liked on Tuesday, it's still there in the bag.


 BAM!! In exchange for the crap, scraps of aluminium returned, we received two Worth bats, one already exists in our bag and a new short barrel bat, one is 27.5 ounces and the other is 28. I have regripped two of our bats and I have an extra grip so I might regrip one more or double grip one for guys who prefer a thicker grip... WOW!! I also, and you might have noticed this already, put a strand of red tape around the top of the grip on the bats, this is only there to identify our bats.


BAM!!! In addition to the new bats, I also picked up the balls for the season (each home team supplies a new ball), 2 new bat grips, key for Coventry washrooms (better late than never, eh Donny?  ZING!!!) and I also picked up the team shirts. If anyone wants their shirt in advance of the next game, give me a call and we'll set something up...


We are also now taking orders for the pullover (Easton Enforcer Jacket), the cost is $35.00 including taxes, add $5.00 for optional name and $5.00 for optional number. I have the order form if anyone is interested one of these jackets.


Until next time... Jimmer.

No comments: