Wednesday, July 29, 2015

KINGS ARE WILD...

HURTIN' UNITS VS. DRAFT KINGS.

Game #17- July 27th, 2015

Hurtin' Units lose 20-4

Team Record 9-7-1

Keogh Park - This game is a make up game, so everyone was supposed to wear lipstick, mascara,  and eyeliner. I didn't see anyone doing this, so I'm really glad I couldn't find my makeup kit. Awkward!! Seriously, this was a makeup game for when we were rained out in game #13, on July 7th.

On another topic, I was wondering, after our last game with the Grisslies, when we lost 14-13, how many 1 run games the Hurtin' Units have played in this season. Anyone care to venture a guess? The answer is four, 2 wins, 2 losses. The Units played the Beer Bros. and lost 24-23, then the Tap Masters with a 9-8 win, the Master Batters with a 4-3 win and last game a 14-13 loss to the Grisslies. And we also have a tie. 5 games decided by 1 run or less.


Makeup Game, it wasn't pretty!!
The weather for this game was hot! The GTA was under a heat wave (unofficially a heat wave as yet, a heat wave is defined a 3 or more consecutive days of 30 degrees or more) ; the temperature, at 7:00pm, was 32 degrees and with the humidity it felt like 36 degrees. There was breeze, but it was not much comfort in the temperatures we were experiencing. By game time (9:30pm) the temperature was quite comfortable, but Keogh was thick with bugs, flying around us all night long.  

At game time, we had 11 Hurtin' Unit players warming up ready to take on the # 1 team in the standings. Dave Mc. was the only missing player on the night.

I really thought that we were the home team in this game, but when I took the lineup to Chuck, I found out, much to my chagrin, that I was mistaken. I thought to myself this is not a good start, I can't even read the schedule right. I was sure that we were the visitors in our first meeting.

Because this home team thing was bothering me on Tuesday morning (morning after the game), I went back to the schedule I have, and sure enough it had the Units as the home team. I decided to check the blog (most times I indicate whether we are home or on the road) and sure enough we were the visitors in our first meeting with the Kings. In the blog posting for that game, I even wrote " For the Henry the 8th time, we found ourselves as the visitors again", so I was right and I'm not going crazy... Because this game was a rescheduled game, it was probably entered wrong on the website. 

For the first time since June 16th, I changed the batting order. I hadn't changed it up to now because we were streaking and to disturb a good  thing, is how ya jinx a team. Well, changing the order did nothing for us in this game. Our batting was awful and I think it's time to smudge the bats.

I think it's time to smudge the bats again (second time this season) for two reasons. First reason would be because I regripped the white bat on Sunday and the second reason would be that I lent the bats out for another team to practice. When ever other teams or players use the bats they should be smudged. If you are confused about smudging here is a excerpt from the posting on jinxes and smudging.  

My friend, the psychic, informs me that the bats must be cleansed or smudged, as she says, to remove the energies inhibiting the flow new energy from this season's Hurtin' Unit players. There are several ways of smudging our bats and I will have our bats cleansed (smudged) and ready to go for our next game. This is long over do. I Googled smudging and found it to be very interesting stuff.  I don't know why I didn't realize this before.

This probably does not explain very well what smudging really is, but it is easy to do and I will do it before the game against the Dogcatchers. For more information on smudging try Google.

Because of the short time between games, I won't go in to any detail about this game. It was a tough loss, there were moments when our team was frustrated and upset about how the Draft Kings were just getting everything by us. This game was probably our worst performance since the Rusty Rebel game back on June 9th when the Rebels beat us 31-12. But, if this may be of some comfort, the Hurtin Units went on a 7 game unbeaten streak after that humiliating loss.
















Our batting, in this game, was not very good at all. How does an entire team go cold at the same time? I don't know, but it does happen. The nice thing is that we have another game on Tuesday vs. the Dogcatchers. UNITS UNBOUNDED!!


Draft beer is delicious.





No comments: