Saturday, September 7, 2013

TAP, TAP, TAP...TIMMY, Tap, Tap, Tap... JASON.

HURTIN' UNITS VS. THE TAP MASTERS.

Game # 23- August 26, 2013

Hurtin' Units win 12-7

Team Record... 10-12-1

Keogh Park- On May 29, we played the Tappers and lost by a score of 16-15. This was one of our 7 one run losses on the season. Now some of you may have looked by at the schedule and said " Jimmer we did play the Tap Masters, but the date on the schedule was May 21st." Yes the schedule did have us playing on June 21st, but the game back then was canceled and rescheduled for the 29th. That game on June 21st was rescheduled due to heavy rain and thunderstorms.



This game (August 26) was scheduled for 9:30pm; it was one of our scheduled 9:30 games on the season.

At game time the weather was hot and humid, approximately 26 degrees feeling like 34. The sky was cloudy and the weather forecast was calling for thunderstorms, the storms didn't develop.

With a 9:30pm start, the rosters are usually a little lighter than earlier starts. At game time the Units had 8 players dressed in uniform ready to play. Missing on the night were Jamie, Brian, Hal and Richard. ... We picked up super sub Doug Dwyer and super duper sub Andy Gee.

When I get to this point in the season, I have a difficult time focusing on the blog. I not sure why, maybe because I can only say we are an awesome team so many times. I'll say it one more time and I'll say it with great pride...We are an awesome team!!! I know our record doesn't do us an favors, but this team is riddled with talent and hopefully the talent is revealed in the playoffs.

Okay back to the blog thingie. I'm really not sure why the blog seems to get neglected at this point in the season, but it does. It happened last season also. I'm looking forward to getting through the rest of this season.

This game against the Tap Masters was probably one of our best played games all season. Our defense was solid and our bats came through when we needed them. I did take a picture of the game sheet, but I haven't down loaded it and I don't have my camera with me...Might get to it sometime in the future.

I don't remember much of the game other than we were awesome. Andy and Doug were really good in the outfield and Andy was a major reason for this victory. Ricky Bobby hit a homerun in to the tennis court. I had lots of action pitching, two line drives for outs, two ground balls for outs at first and third.

That's it, that all I got for this one.

One more regular season game to go...
 


No comments: