Saturday, August 24, 2013

REBELS CAUSE HAVOC IN UNITS CAMP...

HURTIN' UNITS VS. THE RUSTY REBELS.

Game #  21- August 13, 2013

Hurtin' Units lose 17-11

Team Record  9-11-1

Coventry Park- I mentioned in the last posting that I usually take a picture of the game sheet and work from there to assist in the blog. I forgot to get the game sheet from this game also. In actual fact, I used to take pictures of the game sheet, but lately Doug (the stats guy) has picked up the sheet before I even had a chance to snap a shot. Doug has been very good about it and will usually send me a electronic copy if I request one. Last week I did request copies of the Red Dogs and this game, but I think Doug was really busy organizing the fun division of the T.O.T. August Tournament and he left me hangin'. 


So without the game sheets things are a little bit tougher to piece together. I guess what is most important, in this bloggie thing, is the game score and the pictures of hot baseball babes. 

I too was busy with the August tournament. During the week of this game, I had a handful of players committed at the start of the week, but still had to get the roster filled in. I did it, but it took away from the blog, hence the late postings. 

Since the game last Tuesday night, I have played 4 additional games (all in the tourney) and last week is really a blur. I can tell you that I remember the Units had taken a 1 run lead in the top of the sixth inning (11-10), only to have the Rebels score 7 in the bottom. And in the seventh the Units went down quickly putting another game result in the loss column. We certainly played better in this game than we did the night before against the Red Dogs. In the game against the Red Dogs we stunk...not going to candy coat that game. 



Good til the Last Drop:

The T.O.T tournament has concluded and the Squirtin' Units were unable to three-peat. The Units could not even muster up a single win in the tournament. We played 4 games in the round robin portion of the tourney and lost 3 games by 2 runs and the other by 6 runs. The competition in this year's fun division was the best I have every seen. 


The Units had a great squad on the field and I don't know how many times people came up to me asking how we could lose 4 games with the talent we had. We lost to 4 solid baseball teams, with really good players, that's how.


 
I mentioned last year, that I was going to retire the Squirtin' Units name and I should have. I went to the well too many times with this name and the record books with show the team going down in a ball of flames in it's last crusade. The Hammell bunch will return in the future under a new name. It's time to tear it down and start the rebuilding phase. My thanks go out to everyone who played with the Squirtin' Units team.

The Hurtin' Units next game is Tuesday August 20th vs. the first place Draft Kings.

No comments: