Friday, July 15, 2011

HURTIN' UNITS FIT TO BE TIED....

HURTIN' UNITS vs. The DISLOCATED JOINTS...


Game # 15 - July 12, 2011


Hurtin' Units tie 23-23


Team Record- 5-9-1

Coventry Park- It has probably been quite some time since we have seen a game like this. In fact we had not scored 23 runs in any game this season, the closest we have came was on May 16, 2011 against the Beer Bros. in a 22-15 win. We have however had more than 23 runs scored against us in one game this season. On June 11, 2011 we were beaten by the Red Dogs by a score 25-11.

Our game on Tuesday had tons of hitting, close plays, excellent pitching (well at times it was okay), this game had it all, right down to the nail biting seventh inning finish...And not only did it have all these things, it also had a couple of firsts on the season. This was the first time I had pitched a complete game in a long,long time and it was the first time the Hurtin' Units have tied this season.


This was a fun game and despite going into the bottom of the seventh inning with a 4 run lead and only coming out with a tie. I'm also glad to say that our 7 game losing streak has finally come to an end. Bill's new shoes could still have something to do with this, but let's not think about it. Speaking of Bill, he was hurt worse than we had orginally thought and hopefully he is back sooner than later.

I looked at the standings before this game and realized we have dropped down to the 13th place tied with the Dislocated Joints, but the Joints have two games in hand.

Kevin M. playing in the HTKP all-star game.

I really had thought about asking Bob to pitch again in this game, but stayed away for two reasons , one I like pitching and will never improve without game situations and two, I always think that if Bob wanted to pitch he probably would have signed up for a P1 or P2 during registration. Some people are really good a doing things, Bob was excellent on the HTKP tournament weekend for us, but my thought goes something like this- maybe Bob would rather play shortstop than pitch...I really liked pitching this game and came away with a handful of experiences that I will be able to apply in my next pitching start, experiences like covering first base, playing more balls up the middle, backing up other plays, etc. etc.

The weather for this game was excellent, perfect temperatures and if it wasn't for a little bit of cloud cover to the west the sun in the eyes of the players could have been worse...The sun was still a bit of a problem, but once it got behind the trees of diamond #3 it wasn't too bad...

We were missing 2 players in this game... Bill is on the injury list and Paul has been away for the last couple of weeks. We had been wondering where Paul E. had been, but I remembered after this game, that he had sent me an e-mail that he would be gone on July 5 and 12..My bad!

Okay, this game had so much action and adventure in it that I'm not even going to try to remember what the heck went on this game (you guys realize that all of the game descriptions are based on my memory and game sheets, if I get one). I will include the game sheets in the blog and if anyone needs to or wants to figure it out, I say all the power to you! Our next game is Monday July 18,2011 at 7:00pm at Keogh Park...

Boxscore:         1    2    3     4    5     6    7        Total 

Hurtin' Units     4    4    1    7     6     0    1         23    

Dislocated        1    6     1   3     2     6    4         23    


HURTIN' UNITS

DISLOCATED JOINTS


 



No comments: